Monday, April 10, 2006

Breaking News: StateGate Scandal Rocks Blog


It is with a heavy heart that I write this entry. As some of you know, last week I posted that my wife, Ling, had been to 48 of the 50 states with the exception of Rhode Island and Hawaii. The response has been overwhelmingly positive - e-mails flooding in, praising my wife's adventurous spirit and charming nomadic lifestyle, suggestions for further visits, questions about her expertise, the pros and cons of North Dakota vs. South Dakota- and together she and I have basked, resplendant, in the warmth of the effusive praise.
Except for one small problem.
It is one giant, hideous, damnable lie.
My wife has never been to Alaska. Ever.
I discovered this last week, when, after reading the umpteenth e-mail praising her patriotism, I happened to query,"So, how was Alaska?"
There was a long blank stare, followed by what could only be described as a soft snicker, and the distinct slang expression "Ooops."
So, to set the record straight, my wife has been to 47 of the 50 states, with the exception of Rhode Island, Hawaii and - damnit - that ever elusive 49th state, Alaska.
We are currently in counseling now, hoping against hope, trying to heal the gaping chasm this revelation has caused.
Pray for us.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats it. I take my compliments back. Ling and Zach should be refuged to North Dakota for life. Zach, do you have an official fan club or just an unofficial fan club (I saw the link)

April 11, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Zach, where do you teach acting? At a school or college, or do you offer private lessons? How long have you been doing that?

Any more Law & Order appearances in the works?

Best,
Ryan

April 11, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach,

Can't believe you have a blog, I actually wrote about you in my blog, check it out.

http://acriedel.livejournal.com/18026.html

April 12, 2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Oh yeah...I remember you. Hope I was nice...that particular library branch kinda gives me the creeps, so I may have been a little reserved.Thanks for writing...

April 12, 2006 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny Alaska post - I have to say with pride I was paid to work in Juneau, Alaska last year for five weeks. Very cool. Truly gorgeous up there. Very...um...far.

December 19, 2006 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home