Thursday, April 20, 2006

Acting Anyone?


Many people have written me asking about my acting class which was profiled on VH1 in February, so I figure this post will answer some questions.

I teach in an office two blocks from Grand Central Station. My class consists of beginners and professionals alike, it runs two and a half hours, and it is, quite simply, a lot of fun. Currently I have seven students and I have room for only one more, although I may open another section this fall depending on the interest level. The students come from as far away as New Haven, Connecticut, and are between the ages of 17 and 30 years of age.

So far, the results are pretty good: Jordan Carlos appears semi-regularly on The Colbert Report, Jennifer Merrill just completed a small role in Super Ex-Girlfriend (with Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson), and Sarah Masse was accepted at Williamstown for the summer.

In addition, I am teaching a class on Auditioning this summer at Stonestreet Studios in the Flatiron District . I would tell you more about the Studio, but it is simpler to click here.

If you are interested in possibly studying with me, and you live in the Tristate area, you should email a picture and resume (if you have any experience) to zwgalligan@hotmail.com. Please...only do this if you are legitimately interested. Cool beans.

4 Comments:

Blogger JohnVriess said...

Heh too bad Wisconsin isnt the tri-state area! Best of luck with that, glad to hear its working out!

April 21, 2006 3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 21, 2006 4:06 PM  
Blogger ACE said...

I'm with JP- wish I was NYC and not Cincinnati!

April 21, 2006 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Zach,
This blog is enjoyable.
Happy to see my litle achievment got a mention :-P

May 25, 2006 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home