Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Dog...um, Cat Days of Summer


Summer is here and NYC is hot and muggy. Besides teaching at Stonestreet, going on auditions, working out at the gym and keeping my wife happy, here is what I have been doing:

  • visiting my sister in Westchester (with my wife, of course)
  • getting soused on vodka lemonades by the man-made lake
  • listening to every Iron Maiden record in perfect chronological order because I'm really strange
  • reading Kevin Phillip's American Theocracy and feeling very nervous about the future
  • playing with the kitties (see above) to soothe my nerves (ok, so they're my sisters kitties)
  • going back to the lake to suck down a few more vodka lemonades
  • watching World Cup soccer and screaming at the Italian players as they flopped on the ground anytime any U.S. player made the slightest contact
  • playing with the kitties to soothe my nerves
  • giving the kitties industrial strength catnip in large quantities to soothe their nerves and give their lives greater meaning
  • trying to think of cool blog entries with no success
  • watching Hell's Kitchen on Fox and praying my wife won't leave me for Gordon Ramsey, who I suspect she views as the ultimate man
  • eating Thai food at least twice a week from the insanely good new place around the corner
  • eating catnip with the kitties (ok, not really)
  • finding it hard to believe how much I care about the U.S. - Ghana game on Thursday
  • seriously considering nominating Willis Haviland Carrier, the inventor of air conditioning, for the Nobel Peace Prize
  • running out of things to say
I will try to post more, and more often. I promise. Feel free to post what you have been doing in the comments...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

honey--you are so right about that A/C guy for the Peace Prize....people in the city get super-testy when its hot & humid!

June 20, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger JohnVriess said...

Adorable cats your sister has! My wife and I both love cats, have three of our own. Do you two have any cats or animals?

Yeah looks like ghana took us out of the runnings, ah well maybe next time!

Here's what I have been up to, since you so nicely asked.

* Re-Reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
* Auditioning for some books-on-tape thingies
* Being excited for the release of Guitar Hero II, because of the Van Halen & Sabbath that will be on it finally..
* Playing EverQuest II with the wife, and watching her outperform me in game.
* Looking for new relaxation techniques. (any ideas?)
* Blogging as per usual on my livejournal.

Thats about it for now.

June 22, 2006 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zach,

So you like Iron Maiden--- an obvious heavy metal fan. I was that way a long time ago-- a huge Twisted Sister fan--- you got any of their albums? The 80's was a great decade for metal. But somehow my Twisted Sister craze died out around 1989--- in 1998 when Dee Snider's "Strangeland" hit theaters, somehow the Twisted Sister obsession was long dead with me, and I felt it was a waste of eight bucks.

But of course, some things never loose their entertainment value after time passes-- that's why both the "Gremlins" films will always be the best two films ever made in my book. If it were not for the CGI today, maybe Dante might have considered a third one!

I say Joe Dante and Steven Spielberg for the Nobel Peace Prize (because I am also very strange!)

June 25, 2006 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home