Ten Things I Think I Think
- that the new Tool album, 10,000 Days, is pretty damn good.
- this season of The Sopranos is consistently excellent- well-acted, thoughtful, funny, and clever.
- the movie Junebug was well done but ultimately disappointing.
- certain people on the internet are deeply disturbed and full of unspecified anger.
- the biggest stars (Brangelina, Cruise, Lohan,et al) are subjected to a bizarre combo platter of messianic adoration and total ridicule...with nothing in between.
- that watchers of MTV are taught four things: hip-hop is all important, money and looks are the only things that are remotely relevant, having cool stuff is crucial to happiness, and to keep watching more MTV.
- that with Iran, Iraq, avian flu, Al Qaeda, poor security, and an overly large and inefficient government, we are living once again in scary times.
- Rupert Murdoch - possibly the most conservative media mogul ever - offering to throw a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton is the single most shocking political event this year.
- I am lucky to have found my wife.
- I am too sleepy to think of a tenth thing...