Monday, May 01, 2006

To Do List: Guns n' Roses 5/12


On Saturday I got my tickets to the opening show of the 2006 Guns n' Roses Tour at the Hammerstein Ballroom on May 12th. I'll review the show the next day (unless, of course, I'm miserably hung, in which case, it' ll have to wait until Sunday). I will be attending the show with my younger brother John (a full 13 years younger) who, not surprisingly, has never been Axl-ed. Speaking of Mr.Rose, he looks surprisingly slim in the latest pic taken of him here as opposed to here. Let's hope he hits the stage before 2 A.m. so that the impatient crowd doesn't, oh, I don't know, riot maybe? If you dont know what I'm referring to, click here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Zach, I'm going aswell.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR!

May 01, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

Here's a typical 2002 setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Axl Piano Solo, November Rain, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Buckethead Solo, Rocket Queen, The Blues, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain

Encore: Robin Solo, Paradise City

May 01, 2006 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw them rock in the 80s, let me tell you that you are in store for one hell of a show. The band is a little older (aren't we all)but still knows how to take it to paradise city.

May 02, 2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger JohnVriess said...

Talk about a dream come true! Man to see the one and only Axl, providing he shows up of course.

Hopefully things have changed in the last few years that he will appreciate the effort the fans have put forth to see him and be part of a legacy!

May 02, 2006 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks a little different. Why the nose job Axl? why?


Anywho, that is too cool. I wouldn't mind going. Too bad Axl opened his mouth about Slash's backstabbing of Weiland; that could have led to a GNR reunion if Axl hadn't spilled the beans.

Am I making any sense?

Anywho, I'm watching Tom Hanks on snl right. now. =)

No life!

May 06, 2006 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home