Thursday, September 14, 2006

Raging Waters


Well, what can I say - the Roger Waters show at the Garden on Tuesday night was simply monumental. Shaking off old age and the loss of his friend, Syd Barrett, Waters delivered a fantastic, triumphant show to a sold out crowd that ate up every note. If you want to hear for yourself, you can download the torrent here. The only downer was Waters' new song, Leaving Beirut, which asks if the Lebanese people (and Arabs in general), " really mean us harm?"

Ummm...yeah, actually, Roger, a fairly sizable number (not the majority, of course) kinda do mean us harm...that's why there's a huge crater about two miles from where I'm typing this, and that's why you were booed pretty loudly during that particular opus. I can now see why David Gilmour (who, it pains me to say, is definitely missed on certain songs) couldn't continue with Waters - his newer songs tend towards the strident and preachy - not exactly my favorite combo burrito. I'll stick with songs about pigs, loss, and madness, thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put dear. Just saw the post.

September 18, 2006 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home