Thursday, October 12, 2006

To Do List : Iron Maiden 10/13

Do you recognize this man? If you do, you're metal, and if you don't...well, I'll leave you to fiddle with your Justin Timberlake records. That's right, you are looking at Eddie, the mascot of the world's most popular heavy metal band, the mighty, all-powerful Iron Maiden. The boys from across the pond are gracing us with their presence at the Continental Airlines Arena tomorrow night in support of their new album, "A Matter of Life and Death", a superlative helping of power chord- laced madness that debuted at #9 on the U.S. charts (Number nine? Are you kidding me? After 30 years in the business, a Top Ten album for these guys?...that's impressive) , and reaffirmed that these guys are no mere nostalgia act.

Maiden. Friday the 13th. Live... in the festering swamps of Jersey. Does it get any more metal?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zach--
I used to love heavy metal back in the 80's-- especially Twisted Sister ("We're Not Gonna Take It" was big in the Summer of '84, while the best movie of all time was making you a celebrity!)
I also enjoyed Quiet Riot back then too.

Another metal band that I listened to in the 80's was "Helloween"-- ever heard of them?

These groups are much better than Timberlake!

October 17, 2006 1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Zach, you have been doing a hell of a lot of rocking out in the last couple months!

I wonder how their shows compare to the old 80s Maiden shows...did you ever get to see them live previously?

October 27, 2006 4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zach this is Luis I'm Arturos little brother, he made you a page hehe.

Well i just wanna say that ur awsome in all your movies and to just know that you like Iron Maiden witch is my favorite band of all times Ufffff that rocks well hope to see u soon in the screen bye and never forget about Metal (^_^).

October 31, 2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Halloween--

Just thought I'd comment on a movie that you might like Zach, since you're into metal...

Remember a movie from 1986 called "Trick Or Treat"? Any metal fan should find that amusing. To me, no Halloween is complete without it!

November 01, 2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Hey, leave Justin alone! He's bringing sexy back!

Or making sexy "whack", I forget which..

Greetings from Chicago :)

November 19, 2006 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*BIGGGGG "Gremlins" fan, and your work in those two movies here...And now I find you're a metal-head?!...

*FREAKING AWESOME!!...I'm a life-long metal head myself, so kudos on both levels!! [Gremlins and your taste in music ;P]...

*CHEERS!!

-Lanny

February 09, 2007 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home